Living in a desert has it's challenges and one of the questions I am asked the most is "where is a good place to take pictures!" And what a great question to ask, because let's face it, looking at tumbleweeds all day can get really old really quick.
I have put together some of my favorite spots here locally to Moses Lake that I've had a great success with. They are excellent for anyone, families, couples, seniors, children and even babies!
1. The state park! AKA Blue Heron, it has so much to work with, always offering ample shade with giant trees to stand in or around. Then we have beautiful Russian olive tree's that bloom late spring to early summer through fall that offer unique tree branches and little coves to hide in. The lake is right around the corner at this park with a fun and inviting walking path for anyone. This is one of my go to area's.
2. The pot holes. This entire dunes area has so much to offer, a little more dry but during the summer you have access to the sand dunes, pretty yellow flowers and even wild flowers if you look carefully. You have amazing sunset options as a backdrop and of course the desert feel. So, if you like natural and you want to feel like your in Arizona (sort of haha) then the dunes is perfect!
3. Japanese Gardens. I love the gardens, full of color, always well maintained and manicured and it's perfect for kiddos or high school seniors.
4. Downtown on 3rd ave! I LOVE our downtown area, you have mural walls, unique flowers, fun brick and colored walls. So if you want a city feel without the sprawl, downtown is the perfect option for your family.
5. Vantage! So although it's not directly in Moses Lake, it's only 30 min from it and it is gorgeous. It overlooks the Columbia river, with huge basalt cliffs and unique features which is home to many trails and rock climbing enthusiasts. So if you have a sense of adventure, you don't mind getting your shoes a little dirty and want EPIC portraits, this is the place for you.
Those are my top 5 locations I LOVE for all my family portraits.